CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 4, 2013

Cake Decorating!




My different color frostings
What a MESS!

I have always wanted to learn how to cake decorate. I see such cute stuff on pinterest and other sites and wish I can do it but when I tried, it always looks like my nephew Jayden probably decorated it. So for Christmas I asked for some cake decorating tools and classes. My parents were awesome and got them for me and I found a cheap class online. Kevin and Gabby decided to visit us during Martin Luther King weekend and since Kevin's birthday was just a few days earlier, I decided to put my cake decorating again to the test. I made my own frosting and boy did it make a mess, but it was SO good!! I kept eating it and I am not a frosting girl. I decided to take pictures as I decorated in case it went wrong then I had proof that it may have looked better before I ruined it. Luckily it turned out good. It was hard decorating a cake while watching kids because it actually takes some time. I am sure once I get better it will take no time. The pink stars were actually suppose to be red but oh well. Next time I will add more color.
Within a couple of days it was ALL gone :)
Birthday Boy!



















Surprise Party: Cupcake Decorating




 It called for 7 cups of icing and so I made that much but I had TONS left over. Luckily this frosting is good for 2 weeks so I decided to use the same frosting for a Surprise Farewell Party for a German Exchange student in Young Womens. I didn't really have a cupcake decorating tip but I used what I had and they turned out pretty cute. I also made this pineapple lemonade punch. I didn't even mean to have a theme of yellow and white for the party but it just turned out that way. I didn't have a cupcake stand either so I used the bottle dryer that someone gave me. Doesn't it look great? LOL I don't think the Young Women knew is was a bottle dryer rack. Anyways, I am not looking into being a professional at this, just enough to make a cute cake. Practice, practice, practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment