CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Color Me Rad 5k

 

Before the Race, nice white and clean
So I finally ran a REAL 5k in November. For those who know me, I HATE running but know I need to. I figured this would motivate me to exercise and have a goal. With two babies to watch each day, it was a little tough but I was able to be in somewhat shape. I ran with Emily Beals from my ward and we had a blast. I am so grateful for her and that she ran about the same pace. The Monday before we ran the 5k I went to the gym to make sure that I could actually make it and I did it in like 40 minutes which is pretty slow. Emily said she did the same thing. When we went to the 5k we actually ran it under 30 minutes!! That's a huge difference. See what exercising with others can push you to do! Anyways, we had so much fun at this 5k because while you run they throw color powder at you at different spots, and some spots they sprayed you with color liquid. So by the end, your white clothes is now colored. Made running so much more bearable, I wish I could have that happen every time I run, it helps make the running fun. At one station where they were spraying color liquid on you, one guy just got a huge bowl full and dumped green liquid all on me! I was wet and now stained green! It was fun but I was green from clothes to skin. I recommend this to anyone! Yay for my first official 5k!
WE DID IT!!!
Right after I got dumped with green liquid!
Color Bomb at the end to celebrate finishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment