CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 4, 2012

My 2nd Attempt at a Garden



This was 3 months ago, Jayden
 and I found our first caterpillar
 but we took it off and didn't find
one since the army took over.
Jayden helped me pick my very first tomato!!!
So last year I wanted to grow a garden, so I planted cucumber seeds and surprisingly they were growing really well and the plant was green and big. That is....until dead summer hit! On the seed package it said to put them in direct sun, so I did. When it hit 110 degrees, lets just say my poor cucumbers died instantly no matter how much water I gave it. Anyways, being heart broken about it, I was determined to try again this year and even went all out in getting a garden box, several plants etc. I planted peppers (red and green), Squash, Tomatoes, Cucumbers and Strawberries. This time I didn't put them in direct sun and they stayed alive despite the heat. I was so excited. I also got some strawberries and some tomatoes (even though they looked like cherry tomatoes). I felt better about this whole garden thing even though it didn't produce much. The tomato and strawberry plants are the only ones that gave me anything even though the other plants looked alive and healthy. Well, a few weeks ago I went out to water the garden and I was devastated to find half the leaves of my tomato plant GONE!!! The other plants were also just sticks. I had no idea in a matter of days what had happened to it...until I found the culprits....Caterpillars! They were everywhere! There must have been 20 of them. I have no idea where they came from. In a matter of two days they managed to eat my whole garden and leave (I have no idea where they went). Anyways, I was heartbroken! Maybe better luck next year :)
After 2 days! Cleaned me out.
The day I discovered them!
Culprit! One of Many.

No comments:

Post a Comment