CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 25, 2012

COUPON EXTREMENESS!!!!

So the posts I have done before on my couponing madness is NOTHING compared to this weeks find!!! So before you look at the pictures and such...you CANNOT judge me! Yes, I do coupons and yes I buy things in bulk when it is on sell but it doesn't mean I need to go to CA -Coupon Anonymous (directed to my brother Paul). Lol all jokes aside, I was super excited about this deal, I came home on a coupon HIGH! Mark was all bugged eyed as I kept bringing more and more bags in. My poor husband has to deal with me. He doesn't share the same excitement but he sure is happy about the savings. 
My first trip- I bought a lot of other items that weren't free but dirt cheap and stocked up as well. 
So here is the break down of how much things costs for the things above. A little further down I will tell you how much I spent and how much I saved! Some was with coupons and some without coupons was still an amazing deal.

Betty Crocker=BC
Price is for how much it is each!

8-BC Deluxe Brownie Mix............$1.13 (with coupons)
6-BC Cake Mix..........$0.25
2-Bugles..............$0.75 (with coupons)
10-Chex Mix Party Bags................$0.75 (with coupons)
15-Hamburger/Chicken/Tuna Helper...........................$0.25 (with coupons- $0.50 without)
3-Totinos Frozen Pizza.............................$0.25
12-Pillsbury Toaster Strudel..............................$0.75 (with coupons - $1.00 without)
2- Pillsbury Ready to Bake Cookies....................$1.00 (with coupons-$1.50 without)
5 Old El Paso Taco Shells...............................FREE (actually I got $0.60 back with coupons)
7 GM Cereal...............................$1.00 (with coupons- $1.50 without)

Cost...............$36.65
Retail Value..........$154.61
Savings...........$117.96

So if thought that was good, wait for the next one! So you are probably wondering why these prices are so low and how I get things FREE. Well it doesn't show in the ad that they are FREE, that would be dumb! Everyone will get it then. It requires skill and my favorite website grocerysmarts.com to help out. So the ad had BC and other items on a certain page that said if you buy 5 participating items then you get $5 back (printed on a coupon when you check out). Does that make sense? So for example the taco shells were actually $1.00 but if you buy 5 taco shells then it's $5.00 but because you bought 5, you get $5.00 to use on the next purchase so really it's FREE! Get it? Another example is BC cake mix, the price was $1.25, you buy five the price is $6.25 but since you buy 5 then you get $5 back and so you only spent $1.25 which is $.025 each!

So my first visit I wanted to get more of the FREE items but I guess other coupon extremers cleaned the shelves out because there was none left. So I decided to go in the morning while Mark was home to see if the shelves were restocked with the items I didn't get the first time. So below is my second trip. All the following items were FREE. I paid nothing for this next shopping trip, actually I made $2.00 because I had coupons with some of it.
My second visit- ALL of this was free, actually I they gave me $2 because of coupons!!!! PROFIT!!

6 BC Roasted Garlic Mash Potatoes...........FREE
5 Old El paso Taco Shells............FREE
5 BC Grilled Cheese Macaroni and Cheese............FREE
5 BC Cheese Pizza Mac and Cheese............FREE
20 BC Mac and Cheese..................FREE
5 BC Scalloped Potatoes...................FREE
8 BC Loaded Mash Potatoes.................FREE
12 BC Julienne Potatoes.................FREE(used coupons for 10 items and got $0.25 for each of my 5 coupons)
9 BC Cheesy Hashbrown Potatoes........FREE
5 BC Au Gratin Potatoes...................FREE
2 BC Parmesan and Asiago Potatoes.............FREE
3 BC Creamy Butter Mash Potatoes...........FREE

Total: -$2.00 (I got $2)
Retail: $121.25
Savings: $123.25

Impressed yet??? I was so excited about that one! So I would have stocked up more but I didn't have room in my cart for more and I kind of felt like I was stealing!! Also wanted to give others a chance to get some too. But lets just say that I almost cleared the shelves. So during the day as I was beaming in a job well done, I was thinking that I could totally shop for my family since Paul is coming down this week and he can take it to them. Hey...why not share? So I e-mailed them and they gave me their orders. Some of the items were cleared out when I went but I tried my best. So here is the third visit I did for my family. This one wasn't all FREE because they wanted to take advantage of the super cheap cake mixes and hamburger helpers. The only catch for me doing this for them was that they couldn't EVER make fun of me for couponing! I am such a nice sister :)
3rd visit- Helping out the Family
 3 BC Au Gratin Potatoes.............FREE
2 Parmesan and Asiago Potatoes..............FREE
6 BC Julienne Potatoes................FREE
25 BC Cake Mixes....................$0.25
14 Hamburger Helpers................$0.50

Total: $7.25 (spent the $2 I got from the second trip)
Retail: $90.97
Savings: $81.72

Have I made you into a believer in coupons? Well, don't think that every week is like this because it's not. The key to couponing is not to buy things just because you have coupons, use your coupons when the stuff is already on sale and it's okay if you don't ever use a coupon (more will always come). So yes, I have embraced couponing and I am learning new strategies often. Oh and yes.....I am the crazy coupon lady that now gets 5 Sunday papers that I don't read but just use for the coupons!! I will let you know when another awesome sale like this is on again. Fall is known for baking goods, can't wait to stock up!

Total items I got: 205
Total I spent: $43.90
Total Retail Value: $366.83
Total Savings: $322.93




No comments:

Post a Comment