CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Cooling off in Alaska

Treyson's First Flight
It was my Grandpa Burr's 80th birthday in August and Treyson and I decided to go up and surprise him in Alaska. Unfortunately Mark was unable to come due to work and he didn't like the idea of being away from Treyson...and me, but he was so gracious to let us take this adventure. I was so worried about him on his first airplane but he did surprisingly well! He was fussy before leaving the gate and until we took off each time. After that, he fell asleep and I didn't dare move much to wake him up. My arm was REALLY dead after 2 flights each time holding him for about 3 + hours. I was just so glad that he wasn't horrible and everyone judging me. Alaska was so beautiful and nice. Some days were raining but the nice days were just amazing! (Anywhere from High 50's to 60's)

Lake that my grandpa use to take me
when I was little to feed the ducks



Although my Grandpa figured out that they were having a surprise party for him, my arrival was kept secret. My grandma and mom picked me up at the airport and brought me to his house. I then went to the front door and rung the doorbell. He was looking through the glass and I thought he knew who I was but it wasn't until he opened the door to me and screaming Treyson that he finally got it. It was great! The party went great and I was able to spend some quality time with my grandparents and my mom. We got to see my dad for less than 12 hours before we left. I was glad that Treyson was able to see my grandparents and my parents and vice versa.
Nathan, Missi and Uncle Wes in front of the Temple







I was also able to be there for Missi's endowment in the Alaska Anchorage Temple. It was so special to share that great day with her.





Major Blowout That Could Have Gone Worse


Treyson before the blowout and spending
 his short time with Grandpa
When we arrived at the airport to head back to Las Vegas, I had a lot of help from my grandparents and parents to get my bags and stuff checked in and so forth. We decided to take pictures before heading through security and as I took Treyson out of his carseat, we realized that Treyson had a diaper blowout. It was everywhere....up his back, out the sides, everywhere! He was wearing a "I love my daddy" shirt so that Mark will see it when he picks us up but he ruined it. My mom and I took Treyson to the bathroom to clean him up. We had to completely strip him down and wipe him off. As he was laying butt naked on the changing table and while we were getting his new clothes and diaper, he peed right in his face. His arms where flying and he was shocked! It was the funniest thing to watch. It scared him that he started to cry. So now we had to wipe all the pee from his head and get paper towels to soak up the rest. I hope he has learned his lesson on how we feel when he pees on us! I was so glad we caught this BEFORE I got on the plane. I would have had poo all over me for the whole flight if I didn't notice it. Thank goodness! 
Grandma and Grandpa Burr at the airport after the blowout. He looks a lot happier after unloading that diaper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment