BYU Legacy Hall
For Christmas I got Mark tickets to his beloved BYU basketball against Ganzaga @ BYU. He has never been to a basketball game at the Marriott So I wanted to make the best of our trip up there, so I got him Jazz Tickets that same weekend for our anniversary. Mark's favorite MBA team is the Jazz and also has never been to one of their games. Although I am not a huge basketball fan I decided to suck it up and deal with this basketball weekend for the sake of Mark. LOL. It turned out to be fun though but I was more excited to go skiing than anything else. While we were there Mark desperately wanted to go to Legacy Hall at BYU. Legacy Hall is a building full of BYU history and memorabilia regarding BYU sports. Mark was in BYU heaven. I was ready to go after 15 minutes in there but I think Mark really could have spent hours in there. He is even trying to convert our little boy to the BYU fanatical club :)
BYU vs Ganzaga

The game was exciting and nerve racking! The place was packed and Mark was on cloud nine. Unfortunately Treyson couldn't come because the game started at 8pm but it was spending time just the two of us. Thanks Aunt Gabby and Uncle Kevin for watching him! Ganzaga was ranked no. 2 when BYU played them. They played them earlier and got slaughtered but they held their own that night. It really came down to the last 6 seconds on who would win. Unfortunately, BYU lost but it was exciting to be there among the roaring crowd. Good thing Mark and I live too far because I think we would be attending every game if we were close enough. Let's just say, that won't be our last game at the Marriott.
Oh also I got to show off my new earrings that Mark got me for Valentine's Day. (I think it was more a gift for him though :) You can kind of see my BYU dangling earrings in the picture on the left.
Hanging with Granpa
We got to spend some time with my Grandpa while we were there which was great! Usually our trips to Utah is so crazy and short that we really don't get to spend much time with them. We got to spend Friday afternoon with them and spend the night. Treyson took to his Great Grandparents well and had a jolly time trying to find everything in their house he can't touch. We took them to Brick Oven (A Turner tradition it seems) and Treyson fell asleep on the way there. He was SO out that the waiter replaced the high chair with the infant sling so I didn't have to hold him. I was surprised that he was able to sleep like that and that he slept through all of dinner.
Jazz Game
After dinner we headed to the Jazz game. This time Treyson was able to go! Treyson was a little scared at the beginning with the motorcycles and loud music as the team came in but after that he was mesmerized! For a good part of the game, the seat next to me was empty so instead of holding him I put him in the seat. He LOVED it. He thought he was such a big boy. He wasn't quite heavy enough to keep it from folding in on him but he didn't seem to mind. Jazz killed the other team. We also got to see my good friend Coralyn during half time. We just happen to be at the same game that night.
Skiing
This is what I was looking forward to all weekend! I love skiing and never really had the chance for many years. This is the first time Mark and I went together. Although it wasn't fresh powder, it was still a pretty decent day on the slopes. It was actually quite warm (50's) and I often didn't even wear my gloves. I loved every minute of skiing and so grateful for Treyson's Uncles and Aunt for making it happen. Mark had a good time too which is awesome because that means we will probably do it more often. He is even planning future trips for skiing already!!! I can't wait till Treyson can learn as well. All in all, we had a wonderful time in Utah and got to spend some time with family and friends. It was a much needed vacation.
No comments:
Post a Comment